Wednesday 23 April 2008

Going the extra yard



I’ve just done a gig in North America for a consulting firm. It was a gathering of brilliant minds and I was probably the stupidest guy in the room – which was very refreshing.

I flown back with BA and 90% of the staff onboard was great (helpful, friendly and so patient they should all be decorated). The 10% left was assigned to my area… We had those comfy combo-seats facing each-other where you can really spread your legs all the way. But by doing so, thanks to some brain dead design, I was blocking access to a couple of seats in the middle area. My stewardess expressed her discomfort by stamping generously and repeatedly on my feet.

With a little practice in improvisation she would have kindly asked me to keep my legs for myself before take-off and I would have been charmed and obliged. In this particular case, she just resented me and made sure I was resenting her. A waste of resentment if you ask me.

Picture credit: wikimedia

No comments: